Career And College Prep
Build Something Different
At CAU, students pursuing the construction pathway will learn to construct roads, bridges, buildings, and other structures using specialized heavy machinery.
Which pathway is offered?
Heavy/Civil Construction Operations —Knowing how to operate machinery that helps create essential structures is a sought-after skill. This pathway prepares students for a career in equipment operations for industries like construction and machining. They’ll begin with a general exploration of construction and move into the specifics of machinery.
- Explore the many facets of the construction world to find their interest
- Develop the mathematics skills necessary for the construction field
- Learn about construction equipment and its various functions
- Learn what it takes to maintain heavy machinery for construction
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Operating engineers of heavy equipment, including:
- Motor graders
- Tractor loader backhoes
- Concrete plants and mixers
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.