CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Engineering & Technology
The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places engineering and technology skills can take you?
Which pathway is offered?
Engineering—This pathway prepares students to apply mathematics, science, and technology concepts to solve problems quantitatively in engineering projects involving design, development, or production in various technologies.
What type of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Agricultural technician
- Facilities technician
- Industrial engineering technician
- Packaging technician
- Telecommunications technician
- Materials lab & supply technician
- Hazardous waste technician
- Mechanical engineer
- Computer drafter
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Pre-Engineering/Engineering Technology
- ACT Natl Career Readiness (NCRC) Certification